Tuesday, October 07, 2008

That one.

K as a zombie for the Thriller thing and T, in from Ireland for the weekend to help out at the Block Party.


I can't help being way too into politics this season, and tonight watched the debate with rapt attention. Except that it sucked. The format sucked, and Brokaw, who I know is a good guy (stepfather went to school with him), sucked, and McCain really, really sucked. Obama was OK. I still can't get over the "that one" comment, though, and the fact that McCain wouldn't even shake Obama's hand. That's just LOW.



I'm organizing two day trips up to Wisconsin with a friend, A, (above, with his darling daughter in Feb.) and the Hideout, my favorite bar in Chicago (yes, the one that has the Block Party). We're trying to get multiple carloads of people to go up and canvass in Racine, which is a short drive from here. I sent out a huge email bladt and messaged all my Chicago Facebook people, and only 3 people have responded so far. I mean, more have responded (like one nonvoter and one name-caller/psycho), but only 3 people so far can go. That is lame! What is up? 3 weeks to go! I hope more folks step up.



*I* can't even go on this Sat., I have to sub art classes on both my days off (that's the art faculty meeting this past weekend, above), but I am getting up at the crack of dawn before I teach to buy coffee and donuts and cheer the troops. And give out buttons, and give a demo. (And take pictures, of course.)

That's J, on our tour of Fleet - we found this awesome little electric car charging. J is one of the canvassing volunteers for Saturday, actually! He'll prolly convert a bunch of undecideds, don't you think?


In other news I'm trying to not get sick. Stayed home from work today and slept in, did some gift shopping, some schlepping (had to get my winter coats and extra blankets out of my storage space!) and of course it was raining, and I'm premenstrual, so I had to eat lots of comfort food as well as juice, water and tea. Now I am reading all the political blogs and waiting for Dave Letterman. Love to all y'all - better blogging ahead, and that's no empty campaign promise.

2 comments:

Churlita said...

We are so on the same cycle. I'm also actively trying not to get sick.

That kid will totally bring in the vote.

Vonnie said...

I totally didn't get to talk to you much last night! Then, I had to ditch out quick, I had to find Nicki to drive her home, and drove home a girl from class.....bleh. We need to catch up!!