Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Film/music, food, etc.


Not much to report, but I forgot to post pics of a fabulous thing I attended last Wednesday with friends S, M, and M. It was at Millennium Park, where they were showing "A Throw of Dice"


- an amazing 1929 silent film from India. It was the U.S. premier of the film's new soundtrack by British/Indian Dj Nitin Sawhney, performed by Sawhney on keyboards, a male and female vocalist and tabla player, PLUS the entire Grant Park Symphony Orchestra. It was awesome.


Here's a lawn shot from behind where we were sitting - not as packed as I've seen for pop music shows, but still crowded nonetheless. Lovely night, too!


In other news I have been craving two things lately: random foods (see delicious tempura chicken, above, with farmer's market broccoli and brown rice) and - well - a man.

I call it being "boy-crazy," but you can call it what you will. I hope I'm not getting desperate - I think with the 6-month mark since my last - um - contact (?) fast approaching, I will get very brave, though. I'll keep you posted. With my training-limited alcohol intake of late, it should be interesting...

Now, I think I'm heading downtown for another open-water swim. Can't decide if I should ride my somewhat busted bike (bottom bracket trouble for you gearheads) or take a train...

2 comments:

Churlita said...

God, but you have the most amazing weekends.

I still can't believe that none of your wonderful friends have any other wonderful guy friends with which to fix you up. That's always been my best pickin's.

Poptart said...

Summer is very fun in Chicago - no shortage of options!!

My wonderful friends and I all know the same people, and there just aren't any single guys in the bunch. Actually there are... just not decent single guys. Seriously. I need to branch out. Or move.