Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Whew!

The finish line. There was an announcer in the tent on the left broadcasting our names as we crossed. (SO FUN!) He even pronounced my last name OK, and when he did, I did the Rocky hands in the air.

The triathlon was AMAZING. I haven't had time to really process all of my thoughts but I thought I'd report in and start to post a few of the pictures I took over the next couple of days.

Time: 4:22am. Location: North entrance to the world's largest triathlon transition area. They were supposed to open at 4:15am. We were getting pretty antsy from waiting the 7 minutes, but they opened very soon after I took this pic.

As an event, as a spectacle, as a personal achievement, as a physical challenge and mental rush - the whole thing blew me away. I LOVED IT! I am definitely hooked and hope to do another one - the sooner the better!

3 comments:

Churlita said...

Yea! That's so wonderful. Now that you have all the stuff, the next one will be cheaper and better still. I can't wait to hear more and see more pics.

Vonnie said...

You are so awesome! Congrats again!!

Poptart said...

Churl - thanks! totally doing it next year...I am thinking doing a Sprint early in the season and then train my ass for for the international distance at the Chicago tri...more coming!

Von - thanks! So are you!