Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Buster


I just have to say that I love the guy that plays Byron "Buster" Bluth. Love him. He's hilarious. Especially in season 1. So flipping funny. I'm almost done with the series on DVD, and it will make me sad to say goodbye to all those ridiculous Bluths.

Also, I am TOTALLY boy-crazy now, and may need to start going to evil meat-market-type bars (I'm thinking I should at least go to the suburbs so no one will know me) and try to take up drinking again, though it never really "took" when I tried this spring... NAHHHH - I wouldn't really do any of that.

But, my last internet dating site subscription is finally expiring in two days, and I can't tell you what a relief that will be. It has caused me nothing but the complacent annoyance of thinking I am out there doing something when the reality is that a) I'm not actually doing anything by being on there; no one contacts me anyway and b) I have not met anyone new through that site since the dating iditarod. (Well, one guy, on email only.) And you know what? ALL those guys turned up duds. Though I did get two makeouts out of it; that ain't nothin - but it's next to nothin. AND that was 2 months ago! Jeez.

Seriously.

OK also, work is getting really busy, and I get paid so very little that this is the time when I wonder what the hell I am thinking staying here. Then I sign up for my free "Golden Country" class and wear my jogging clothes to work (all sweaty, for a meeting if I want), and leave in the middle of the workday for a swim, and I forget all the bitterness for a couple of hours...

And I am sitting at my desk enjoying a glass of chianti while I do some data entry and phone calls. Hmm.

2 comments:

Churlita said...

man, I could handle work a lot better if I could drink wine at my desk.

Being in a really unhealthy, frustrating hanging-out/dating situation for 4 1/2 months seems to really clear up the whole boy crazy business.

Poptart said...

Yeah, don't mind if I don't rush right into one of them unhealthy/frustrating things, but I am telling you, it's bad.

The other thing is that blogger's makin' it look like I was posting/drinking at like 1pm, but it was more like 6pm. FYI.