Saturday, June 06, 2009

Got the fever


Lois demonstrating sorta how I feel right now about men.


Soooo, I didn't get the awesome amazing apartment. They rented it to friends of theirs. BUT they might have another place in that building or another place in their building (in a different neighborhood, which would blow) that would be smaller, but cheaper, so I am waiting on that. I haven't told my roommate yet but I think I really need to live alone and do some downsizing. I will still dream of 4 closets and separate rooms, though...that place was amazing.

Yes, definitely the problem with a makeout in the midst of a dry spell, plus the warmer weather, plus extra exercise, is the residual hormonal craziness that follows. Erg.

I drank a few beers with my friend E on Thursday night and texted P to test the waters for a possible part II (just what I said I didn't want) and got nowhere, plus he left town (phew) so now I am seriously considering other options. But there aren't many.

I remember my friend and college ex S went through a "Do you want to make out?" phase, where he'd just ask girls that...and that was effective for him years ago, I think he even got a girlfriend out of it! Problem is, at age 39, being in any situation where that line would be usable is ridiculously rare.

So I sit, and read CL, and match.com, and wonder what the hell to do next.

Guess I'll take my dog out.

3 comments:

Churlita said...

Yeah. I'm right there with you. After the stupid stuff with Mr B., I've been in this weird slump. Last year, I was all about asking guys if they wanted to make-out and I'm older than you and I had no problem making that happen. It's just that there was so much BS attached to it later. Either guys who have been my friends being weird to me later, or guys wanting more, to the hidden GF problem with Mr. B.

Lately, I've been a little on the shy side of all of it. I wish I had solutions.

Poptart said...

I didn't know you had that phase last year! Maybe I'll do that now. I hate the Mr. B thing, that was bullshit.

The thing is, to me the only solution is prince charming, and it's called a fairy tale for a reason!

Clowncar said...

Sorry you didn't get the best apartment ever.