Monday, June 01, 2009

oh crap

So: you remember the last post? Well, now I went and made out with him - in public (!) last night. Great. Not sure what is happening now but I can tell that things are going to be interesting. And probably frustrating.

I got home super late, and was kept up by a freaking-out dog because of a storm at about 4am, and it's raining now for 3 days and I have a hangover, so I am sure I will mope and fret about it all day everyday...great. Oh and I have 2 doc appts. today, so I can't swim and get my mind off it.

Interestingly, I joined match.com a week or so ago and that is somewhat equally pathetic - though there have been some decent-seeming guys "interested" in me - I just can't bring myself to contact them. Then there are creepy guys or really old guys (WHY do the old guys like me?!) and it makes the whole thing even more daunting.

In other news, I was walking my dog about a block from my apartment and noticed a "For Rent" sign for a 3-bedroom apt. with laundry in the building on a 2nd floor for $700, which would be low enough for me to pay by myself (though I would be poorer than usual because right now I pay about 600ish) and I could finally at age 39 be roommate-free. I went to see it yesterday and met the landlady. It was really old and crusty but I could see it being GREAT with my lovin touch! And there's a great back yard and porch. Anyway, we'll see - I know she had a lot of interest. In Chicago, that rent, even with tenant-paid utilities, is outrageously cheap!

2 comments:

Churlita said...

I need more deets about the make-out. Was it just a fun drunk thing? Or did either one of you think it was going to be more?

Old guys are so not interested in me. Not even guys my age. It's always the 20 year olds. Which is flattering, but totally impractical, so frustrating too. Why is it so hard to find a guy our own age to be in a healthy committed relationship with?

I pay $700 for a two bedroom apt in Iowa City. That does sound great for Chicago.

Poptart said...

I think fun drunk thing - I was certainly drunk! I realized on the way home at like 2am that I had only eaten a cookie yesterday, at 9:15am. Mistake!

That's funny that you don't get the oldies! I'd think your hotness would appeal to men of all ages!!

I am trying not to get too excited about the apartment. I'll find out tonight.