Wednesday, June 03, 2009

In the grocery store

last night, when I was having a what-next conversation with drunkenmakeoutP, at one point I could have sworn he was telling me he hadn't had sex in like 4 years, but there was a loud cart guy next to me, and I pretended I didn't hear that, and he wouldn't repeat it. He's funny with the TMI about some stuff and then NEI (not enough information) about other things.

I also told him it was fine to have a mess-around thing, but not if we were just friends, and certainly not if there are more feelings involved from either party. He said he felt like we were friends with potential for more. I told him I didn't know him well enough to know if I wanted more. He asked me if I'd like to go to dinner again sometime. I said yes.


Me with one of my awesome nieces last week. I hope they are not single and struggling with ridiculousness at age 39. Seriously. Count this as my prayer about it.


He apologized for confusing things. He said he was still totally messed up from having cancer, and he had bouts of depression, and admitted to being a "liquid courage" seeker when it comes to women. And he was bummed that I/anyone thought he just made out with drunken women at every German event...but I pointed out that he had, right? And he said "Yeah, I guess I have - but only the last 3!"

It was pretty much the funniest conversation I have ever had in a crowded grocery store or anywhere else with a guy. I bet the people around me heard some funny shit.

He's going on a 10-day vacation Friday with his extremely spouse-like also single best-friend sister, so I was easy breezy about the whole thing and am looking forward to the break from thinking about him.

So the answer to what's next is that I have to keep it in my pants (did I tell you he was a great kisser and I was totally into the makeout? Well, I told him - last night from the grocery store freezer section).

And I have to not use this whole thing to start another bad-match relationship or unsatisfying FWB situation, and then I HAVE to concentrate on ME stuff. It's really hard for me in summer. I really, really want to have someone to make out with right now.

So the things I am trying to channel my frustrated energy into are:
- Garage sale that's on June 13 in which I hope to get rid of tons, TONS of my stuff!
- Moving, perhaps, if I get this new place (fingers crossed, please wish me luck)
- The research paper I still have to write about John Milton's late works and 10-12 pieces of criticism about them
- Doing a good enough job at my job that I can eventually hand off part of it to someone else if the higher powers approve. I've been swamped for 10 years and I am tired.
- Painting. I want to start for real again. (How many times have I said that?)
- Dating a few more people. Match.com, or neighborhood people, or just finding some more guys for the platter. There ARE good guys out there, I know it!
- Running. My training starts Saturday, and I have to learn to run long, long distances in a very short time to make it through the 1/2 marathon on August 2.

2 comments:

Churlita said...

If you do hook back up with that guy, make him take you on a proper date so you can see if it's more than just a drunken make-out thing and proceed from there. I think the formal date thing is good for figuring that out. it gets confusing when all you end up doing is hooking-up when you're both drunk. It's hard to know what's real and what's alcohol.

Let me know how the other stuff goes.

Poptart said...

yeah, there will definitely be a real date that HE initiates if there is anything. Otherwise i will just see him around and probably continue to wonder what the hell his deal is - from afar.

(while looking for someone else.)

Men. I know there are great ones somewhere!