Wednesday, June 06, 2007

When hate turns into love


So the other night (sorry I am pausing so long between blogs, by the way; I still have the damn loaner computer and it's a pain) I had a couple of revelations: One was that I really, really like, maybe even LOVE, brussels sprouts. I used to vehemently hate them. I don't know what exactly happened to change this, but I find myself eating them every couple of weeks. It's crazy. They are especially delicious with a Boca brand BBQ Riblet.

Another crazy food insight is that I just can't eat like a dieter. I know, that's probably a good thing (I mean unless I wanted to be a model or ever wear a clothing size in the single digits), but I tried to curb my chocolate cake craving by buying the little 100-calorie packs of Hostess cupcakes, and damn if they didn't just ruin my appetite altogether for my once-secret-craving favorite, their larger and much more tasty 400-calorie cousins. I mean, just look at the puny thing!


Then last night, after a very rough 11-hour day at work, complete with brutal deadline and another missed Ukulele class the night before, I trudged out of the administrative office, where my cramped little shared cube is, and saw this sight:



It's too bad I didn't think to do an audio post, too. It was pretty cool to see and hear all these people playing music for fun, at night, and practicing on their own. Honestly, I was so proud of my workplace I almost forgot that they pay me nearly nothing and treat me pretty much like crap.

You know, outside of the cube, it's still a pretty great place.

1 comment:

Churlita said...

So who are all these hot guitar playing guys? They at least look datable, but after living in Iowa City, we all know that looks can be deceiving.