Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Why?


Here's the news: 1) I have major pain in my groin? or some muscles (at the very top of my thighs, on both sides, the thing that kills when you do a butterfly stretch, or breaststroke, like I did for a 1/2 hour today), and it started in the middle of my run on the fabulous secret track last night, and hurt so bad that I had to walk after only 13 minutes. I ran again for a few more laps but I really wanted to start crying and limping, but since it hurt on both sides, I didn't know how to limp, and since I was with the running buddy for the first time, I couldn't cry either (in fact, I acted all tough.) But you better believe I whined to Lois during the entire walk we took afterward to the park. Does the groin get pulled by running? Why now?

2) I am so tired from all of this excellent fitness (and also from not being able to sleep much Sunday or Monday nights) that I decided not to go to Ravinia with a group of smart and fun people I like very much and could possibly network and meet even more people through tonight. This is annoying that I am missing out on potentially interesting life experiences because of other potentially healthy life experiences, isn't it? I also unfortunately had to skip my Brazilian Dance class (which I love) because something came up at work and I didn't want to rush to get changed and to class late.

See, in the olden days, I would have done all the things, and rushed around like a chicken with her head cut off. Now I am just old, and tired. And my allergies have really gone crazy. And, actually, I was hungry.



So instead, I walked Lois to Budacki's, the funny, sorta out-of-place hot dog stand/ drive-thru that I had never been to though I've walked by it a few times a week for 3 years, and I tied up Lois outside at the picnic tables and ordered a gyros plate to go, which I have been craving for a couple of weeks (just ask Sheila), and of course, like psychic clockwork, I saw DG's unmistakable back, walking very quickly away down the sidewalk as I came out with my greasy bag in hand. He probably saw me (and fled), and I wonder if Lois recognized him when he passed right by her...poor pooch. It's all too odd. Again, why at this exact time? The gyro was good, but the fries were a little weird — I threw away a bunch of them. The funny/best thing about Budacki's is the way they call their fries "Pomme Frites" on the sign, and the fonts they use for it. It has cracked me up for years. I don't know why. I'll get a picture soon.

My roommate spent about 30 minutes doing makeup and getting ready to go to a show at the little theatre down the street with two guys from her work. She then asked me if I smoke "weed" and asked if it was OK for them to come back after the show and smoke in her room. (?) I then turned on one of my videotapes of Kojak episodes but still can't really pay attention enough to watch them, so instead, I wasted a bunch of time online (I got my computer back! I can pay bills and shit!), I put away the kitchen stuff that had been on the living room floor since a month ago, and opened up my new fancy vaccuum cleaner, and cleaned the bathroom, and started reading a book, and packed my stuff for tomorrow (swimming, then teaching, and then Cardio Pilates...).

And I'm gonna go walk Lois again at midnight.

P.S. OMG: I found the BEST site while looking for an image for this post. Your mouth will water, your arteries will quake, Have fun!
..

2 comments:

Churlita said...

I'm so glad you have your computer back.

I still think it's weird that you keep running into DG. Does he live by you?

Poptart said...

Yes, in the sort of same neighborhood (a mile away, maybe?), but it's still awfully weird. I know a LOT of people who live around here - closer than him - that I never see unless we plan it.