Thursday, July 10, 2008

All right

I need to be at work prepping for the 4 classes I teach back-to-back tomorrow in less than 5 hours, and I'm lying here absolutely not able to sleep. It's hot, I'm exhausted, and I have tried everything to get tired enough to sleep. EVERYthing, believe me.

So tired was I today, that I even decided not to do my brick workout and I cancelled seeing good friend D. from the Iowa City days and her daughter, in town from Wisconsin, because I am so pooped. I also did things like go to the store at 10pm and make a chocolate cakey thing and eat some of it (usually sugar puts me right out) and watched a movie (Antares, an interesting 2004 Austrian film of the intertwined stories variety - love those - that makes everyone in relationships look bad) and took Lois for a long, long walk. I did my nails, flossed, did my face stuff that I should do every night but usually don't, and even changed my sheets.

What is going on? I think I need to buy a third fan, for the window itself, though that means it'll blow right on me as I sleep, and block Lois's view. And I'd have to wear clothes to bed, then, because the curtains would be open...

That's it, I have to buy a damn fan tomorrow. Along with doing the million things I didn't do today. Totally f-ed.

3 comments:

Churlita said...

I haven't been able to sleep either. I don't know what it is.

Tell D. I said hi. I haven't seen her in forever. I bet her daughter is adorable too.

Poptart said...

I won't be seeing D and E, now, unfortunately! I missed my window. Her daughter, E, IS adorable, and getting old!

Maybe the moon is doing some crap to the sleeping.

Churlita said...

If it gets really bad, take some cold medicine. Sure, it will make you kind of stupid for a while the next morning, but you definitely need to sleep.