Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Rest


Say hello to my new fancy triathlon top. This outfit is the final (? I hope) piece of the tri equipment puzzle - a super hi-tech top and black lycra shorts with a small amount of padding for the bike portion. You wear this combo ($130) under the wetsuit and strip down to it in the transition, then you ride your bike and run in it for the rest of the race. It's supposed to be really fast-drying and wicking and all that shit. I hope the bra doesn't stretch out when wet - running loose is not my favorite thing. But based on how smashed-in the girls look now, it shouldn't be a problem.

I slept OK last night but not great - it was hot when I finally got to bed after showering and walking poochie and eating and talking to my mom on the phone for an hour. I still felt on the verge of shitty today, so I called in sick. I can't risk being actually sick this weekend for the festival. I also have to do some laundry, plan my classes for tomorrow, and clean a bit, order a new car title, plus do a 50-minute "brick" (combo bike/run) workout today that will take at least an hour and a half, maybe more - getting to the trail, doing it, and getting home. So it's good that I'm not trying to be at work, too. My mind would explode worrying about getting to everything.

In other, good news, after our track workout last night (where there was a photographer, ugh), my coach gave a nutrition talk and explained that we will typically not lose weight but GAIN weight when in the training season, and that's normal! So my panic on the scale lately is unfounded. She went into all the details - tri training requires protein, fat, and carbs, and how dieting in training is really unhealthy and could do damage, and how hunger is normal and how we need to eat more often, and all this great news. I feel much better about my giant self.

1 comment:

Churlita said...

I think your "giant self" comments must be highly exaggerated. I've never seen you look anywhere near giant.