Thursday, July 31, 2008

Running on empty

I found out today that I didn't get the new job/promotion at work. I wasn't expecting to, really; there is a woman at work, who's younger than me, has been there less years, but who's in the "clique" of some nasty fakeness that I thought was going to be gone from my workplace when my former boss (her best friend) left. But the more things change, the more they stay the same. She of course got the job.

I am still underpaid, and undervalued, and to be truthful, very disappointed in the powers that be. And maybe a little bit in myself for letting myself be - as I do in all of my bad relationships - taken advantage of for little to no return of support, respect, or happiness. I am so tired of giving it away.

Not much else to say. Just bummed and need to find ways to get some of the blessings of life to come my way. The hard reality tonight is that career, love, and family have all passed me by, although I have put out so much into the universe. Do I keep giving, more and more, with hopes of a different outcome? If not, what's the alternative?

1 comment:

Vonnie said...

That sucks big time. See? See why I don't want to know any of the drama where you work? It'd just piss me off, and that's not why I spend time there. I'm sorry for you. You deserve so much more.