Sunday, May 13, 2007

Movies in my head


I finally watched Schultze Gets the Blues and it was so, so great. Highly recommended - quirky, and sad and true and lovely and just hilarious. A great flick. I want the soundtrack now, too.

DG reccommended it, a while ago, and I added it to my Netflix queue, and it was one of those - has this ever happened to you? - when you've seen and liked every single one of the movies in the previews they attach, so you know you'll love the film itself? Well, I LOVED it. Reminded me at times of the humor and pace of Bagdad Cafe (maybe a German sensibility thing?), but with just a wonderfully unique grasp of cinematography, scoring, simplicity and everyday pictures - life's (fleeting) moments. Watch it.

I also finished crocheting around a square for the afghan. And taught two classes. And slept the rest of the day. I'm still completely sick and I am pretty sure it's pneumonia.

1 comment:

Churlita said...

I'm sorry you're still so sick. I hope you start to get better soon. I didn't see your e-mail until late last night and I was drunk. I'll try to respond tonight.