Friday, May 18, 2007

Takin' what they're givin'

Yep. Sadly, I finally had to go back to work. It's been so nice lying in bed for days on end — I've never gotten more sleep in my life. And I didn't get anything fitness-, afghan-, or housecleaning-related done while I was at home, but it was apparently necessary for me to spend the time sleeping. I was trying to"listen to my body." (I wish sometimes it would listen to me!)

During my convalescence, I also signed up for Facebook, which is interesting, and I have like four very random friends. What a weird world of networks our internet age has started.

One facebook "friend" is the M guy I haven't even met yet. He owes me an email. I sorta want to just meet him, get it over with. I have no patience with this dating stuff.

I spent the evening at work, til after 8, and then went to the record store and then came home, took Lois for a long walk, made the world's most delicious sandwich, and then watched Little Children, which somewhat depressed me but I liked it. I now have that awkward-movie-taste-in-my-mouth thing, though, which makes me want to watch another movie before I go to bed, to have a different mood with me. I don't know. Part of me identified with the Ronnie character - unable to connect properly with anyone. It was a lonely film.

I saw The Lives of Others last night at the Davis with Sally and Eva. Almost too much of a feel-good ending for my tastes, though. What's with these movies that wrap it up all neatly? I like the raw edges. I guess I expected more of that from a European film.

My missing digital camera is a real issue. (See how boring this post is? It's the no-pics problemo.)

And I can't figure out what to do with my time tomorrow. If only I had a burning motivation to do ANYTHING with my life at this moment. And, you know, it doesn't help to feel as alone as I have recently. Maybe that will eventually help things along, I'll have to just face aloneness...

Wow. OK, this is getting a bit whiny; time to stop!

G'night.