Monday, July 23, 2007

bad, bad me

Nope, don't get too excited; I didn't whore it up or anything this weekend. I just blew off work all week/weekend, and now I am here in the middle of the night rushing to enter a bunch of stuff into our computer system before the morning hits. So it's really late and I'm losing it sorta, and a friend sent me the link to the most hilarious internet show (next to Planet Unicorn, of course) called Clark And Michael. It was too flippin' funny to stop watching...or maybe I was just procrastinating.


SO: this weekend was pretty great. Friday night I just stayed in - after attending the summer camp kids show at work (so cute! see guitar kids above). Then I swam Saturday, then hung out with my friend A for lunch and a pedicure (fancy! girly!), bought some junk at Target, and then went with S to this private party for the Chicago rock club Metro's 25th anniversary. It was fun - lots of good people, some food, and an open bar - plus, the place looked better than I've EVER seen it, but the BEST part which I am still in awe about was the long, amazing DJ set by Peter Hook of New Order/Joy Division - I have never had so much fun dancing!! He mixed in a ton of New Order "hits," and the grown-up 16-year-old Poptart was seriously in heaven. It was like a little teen Poptart's dream come true. I danced totally crazy and 80s and so did everyone else. Luckily my friend knew just about everyone there (she was the one who was actually invited to the party; I was just her date), so when I went off to the dance floor for hours on end, she didn't even notice me missing. Until the end, when I disappeared for about 1/2 hour at the end of the night - the owner invited all the guests to dance up on the stage and it was hilarious and so much fun.

There were some cute fellas dancing too - but I am so bad at dancing with other people in that 80s freeform (or really any) style, that this cutiepie guy in a felt-lettered homemade t-shirt that said "Make Out Not War," who kept coming up to me and trying to dance with and talk to me, probably thought I was blowing him off. Actually, if I'd had just a couple more drinks, I would have taken him up on his shirt — I was this close as it was. He was cute and funny and you gotta love a guy that dances uninhibitedly. And he wasn't too young...

But I drove Sat. night, and as you know I am very socially awkward, so, there were no makeouts for me this weekend. I did kiss Peter Hook on his scruffy cheek, though, but sadly it was not captured on camera as intended. I'll post some pics from the party here or on myspace if S sends them.

M and I were gonna go to a Hitchcock movie tonight, but he called while I was downtown stage managing my first show in Millennium Park (it went well - was fun and all-around a good time) and cancelled - which is fine, though I would've liked to do something with him (and actually wouldn't mind hanging out with him all the time), but I only had 4 hours of sleep last night and now I have time to do this work. It all works out for the best, right?

Oh, and DG was at my laundromat this morning. I went to change my stuff from the washer to the dryer, and there he was. We said hi and stuff. I can't really talk to him, though. He's so old-bad-choices-Poptart. I better semi-seriously date someone else this summer, though. I'd hate to have that joker be my only 2007 man.

OK I have to go. My eyes are bloodshot from this screen (but my hair, oddly, looks quite good) and I have to go home, walk Lois, then sleep, get up, walk Lois and swim all in a few short hours.

3 comments:

Churlita said...

Your weekend sounds way better than mine...And your hair looks good. I hate you.

Poptart said...

my hair always looks good in that 3 minutes between unwashed unkempt and greaseball attack. Doesn't yours? I mean, it WAS the middle of the night in the bathroom at work...

still I have no one to make out not war with, and you do.

Churlita said...

I don't have what I want, though. I'm settling and you're not, so you win.