Friday, July 06, 2007

Saluting America...


Holy incredible pie, if I do say so myself. It tasted even better than it looked (and doesn't it look cute?).

Happy July!

Here's a quick post to catch you, my vast readership, up on me going into my busiest month ever. Have I mentioned how much I love summer in Chicago?

First, amen again that the dating week is over. I do have hilarious stories and valuable insights to share and think about, but not here, Churlita! My friend P calls it a "rotating platter of men" and thinks I should always have a handful of guys on the platter because it makes my chi flow better, but I just want a plain ole dinner plate with one entree, no sides. F my chi.

I will give you the annotated list (not in order) of the guys I met:
1) new best friend guy (hereafter known as M)
2) nice, no spark, seemed not altogether straight? or just not into me at all, cool
3) slightly obsessive but v. cute guy
4) interesting - second date to come (W)
5) really good makeout (and damn, I needed that), little else
6) went to GRADE school, middle school and a year of high school
with but neither of us remember each other (??)

The best thing is that M is a definite keeper and W is taking me out tonight, and I could really care less about the others or the damn dating site now. I saw DG last night at the show I went to, he was on a date. I'm so - embarrassed? that I was so into him.



The 4th of July was a fun family blast. Best was the time I got to spend hanging out with WIlliam, who I just love. I took a million pictures of him to last me the year or so, 'til I can see him again (sniffle).



I got to hang with my brother and stepbrother, which is rarer and rarer these days (given one lives in Thailand), and it was just like high school but with lots more boring business talk.



And Lois (please note cute stars and stripes bandanna) had a great time playing with Liza the dog, and smelling the burgers, and getting all kinds of attention. She was so tired at the end of the day I had to force her to go for a last walk.

Speaking of tired, I'm losing it. If it weren't for a great new CD I keep hitting replay on, and the occasional phone call, I'd be sleepin at the wheel - er, at my desk.

2 comments:

Churlita said...

Okay, but maybe an email? I'm glad to hear that there were a couple of keepers there. It gives me hope. I might just have to move to Chicago, though.

Poptart said...

YES!!! You should move to Chicago! But not for the guys. You'd be my competition and you are way hotter.

Ok I'll email you.