Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Body Slam

Some lovely blue flowers captured on the camera phone this morning - do you know what they're called? If so, please comment (thanks)!

So, I'm sorta on this training kick, right? Although I wouldn't say it's in full swing, I've certainly stepped up my activity. And even though I've missed doing my regular lunchtime swims (5 days til the pool opens!), I have added running and biking everywhere, for longer and longer periods. And yes, we did our heart rate testing on Tuesday and I know I have a lot to work on, runningwise. Still. This is ridiculous.

Lois on our morning walk by the river today.

Tonight I got on the scale for the first time in a few months, figuring that I would be about the same or maybe even a little lighter than the weight I've been hovering around this past year, and lo and behold, I am 15 pounds heavier. FIFTEEN! It's scary! I knew I was having trouble losing my gut, and I knew that my legs appeared more saddlebag-y than last summer, but JEEZ, I had no idea. I mean, I am fitting into my jeans.

Some other flowers I want to learn the name of, with Lois in the background.

I know you're gonna bring up the muscle vs. fat crap but this is ridiculous. I am tempted to find some crazy quick-loss drastic measures to get to a normal weight. But instead, I am gonna cut back on the candy intake (the licorice/haribo thing...I need a 12-step program) and watch when I eat, and I guess just keep trying to run a lot more.

I did skip a workout this week (swapping for tomorrow, my off day), and the strength training sheet is a little hard to follow... But I'm committed and I know I can do it. I just wish my body would cooperate! I want to at least look semi-athletic when I run around publicly in head-to-toe spandex and neoprene!

4 comments:

Churlita said...

don't weigh yourself. Who cares? If your clothes fit then it probably is one of those muscle weighs more than fat things. I bet you start losing weight in the next month.

Edith Frost said...

I have those same blue flowers in my yard! But I don't know what they're called.

I think I'm probably getting fatter lately but I haven't owned a scale in awhile. My clothes fit too though -- do I subconsciously keep myself at a weight that corresponds with the clothes I happen to own? Heh.

Poptart said...

Churl - You're right, but I had to weigh for the online tri program tracker thing. Suck.

EF: Hiya! I love those blue flowers! Do you have a garden? Let's see them on yr flickr!

You could test your theory by tossing all the clothes on the bigger end...that might strand you, though, if you're right!

Vonnie said...

Those are morning glories.