Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The rest

...of my weekend went like this:

Making lion heads and beaded tails with the 3-year-olds.

Taught last Sunday art classes for 10 weeks (!),

Went to friend S's house for birthday party brunch for sister S. of homemade fried chicken and waffles, which were so good together! (I'd never had it before! Delectable combo.)

Sunspire malt-sweetened chocolate covered almonds from Whole Foods' bulk section - the best! But also really expensive. It's a couple-times-a-year treat.

Hung out with the dog a little (poor thing, she hates my training schedule), then reserved an iGo car and took it downtown for a triathlon seminar about the swim - hoping to try on wetsuits - but got hailed and rained on at Ohio St. beach and didn't get to try on any wetsuits. Then I remembered I have a Macy's gift certificate, and went to shop there (since I was all the way downtown - I need a new running bra) but they closed the store before I made it to the intimate apparel section. I also realized I actually miss Marshall Fields.

Trader Joe's came out with these ones last year - dark chocolate almonds with salt - they are incredible.


Ran into Cubs traffic for the umpteenth time this season, and had to extend my car by another 1/2 hour, which means I spent like $30 for nothing ... erg.

Then, there's the go-to chocolate, and cheapest of them all - but unbelievably good. It's Aldi's giant $1.99 Choceur brand milk chocolate with almonds bar. The best European chocolate for almost free. Yum! I keep one frozen at the ready at all times.

Then Monday was the start of our busy hell week at work, and I am having that special time of the month, so you can imagine why I did the chocolate post today...

2 comments:

Churlita said...

Dude. We are on the same cycle. didn't we used to be when you lived here too? That's so weird.

Poptart said...

I wonder if it's from reading your blog?! Too funny!