Sunday, June 01, 2008

Juni

A 7-year-old student's clay painting, from my "Painter's Studio" class on Mondays.

Happy June! It's very exciting and a little bittersweet that the outdoor, good-weather season is finally, actually here. I've been waiting desperately for it, but I know it'll go so quickly.

Here is a bird-in-the-bush update picture. (Morbid, I know. Sorry!)

This was my last weekend of real freedom before tri training takes over my life. I've agreed to sub for a bunch of other art teachers in the next couple of weeks, as well, so my schedule is totally packed - but it's all in the name of cold, hard cash... and fitness. I figure the extra 11 classes that will ravage my life for the next 14 days will contribute a nice chunk, after taxes, toward paying back my triathlon-inflated credit card debt.

I laid low this weekend, spending 24 hours with my mom and stepfather starting Friday - we went shopping for food and brought dinner over to my brother and sister-in-law's place for a late mother's day/very late birthday for my brother (see above, with strawberry shortcake).

Then I slept over at my parents' condo with Lois (and missed the last 8am Saturday run I'll be able to do til after 8/24), but it was nice to spend the time with them, and we had a great Saturday of browsing the farmer's market, walking around downtown, and a lovely lunch at an outdoor place.

Saturday I emceed a FANTASTIC tap show at work - I introduced each of the 25 or so acts, some of whom were mindblowing tappers. It was joyous! Rarely do I feel that about my job, but this past week, I really felt lucky to be around and be a part of such great arts endeavors.

Here are hula dancers on the same stage from last week's "Voyage the Pacific" show. Excellent!

Sunday I taught my art classes, took a little nap, and then walked over to May Fest, the drinking event in my neighborhood that kicks the summer season off with great German food, bad German leiderhosen-wearing bands, and lots and lots of German beer in large plastic steins. Of course, it was totally packed. (With cute drunk guys, actually.) I just got a bratwurst dinner to go, and once again Lois astounded me with her love for sauerkraut. I swear she likes it more than she likes meat. It's insane.

Habitwatch:
#1 - 1 at tap fest, that's it. Getting bad at this.
#2,3, and 4 - missed 2 days! Crap!

2 comments:

Churlita said...

Hot guys and brats? sounds like a veritable sausage fest to me. Awesome.

Poptart said...

I know, but it's not so fun alone - they are scary in their packs.