Thursday, June 26, 2008

Southpaws

Here's a quick update on my injury progress. I got to swim practice Tuesday night and there was a collective sharp intake of breath when my group saw my leg. It's pretty scary-looking, especially since it's been over a week since I fell. One girl actually kind of exclaimed out loud.


What you can't see in this picture is the bruising that now goes all the way down the outside of the leg and into/around my ankle area. A phone nurse said something about dead blood cells moving downward...which seems really creepy.

Now Lois somehow cut her left paw pad, so she's lame, too! (I bet we look funny walking down the street together.) When she leaves the bandage on (erg) and doesn't lick at it, she's OK walking on it. But she bites at me when I clean it with peroxide, though she seems not to mind neosporin.


Aw, the poor little bunny - but still, look how much damn room she takes up on the bed!

In other news, I was up at 4:18AM today to ride to the lakefront for a 5:00 bike training session. I rode intervals for about an hour, and it was gorgeous to be there with no one around and the sun rising! If I hadn't been so worried about making it on time, I would have taken and used my camera. Plus, since only 2 other women showed, with both coaches, I got my own private coaching session! It was excellent.

Now, at 5:19pm, I'm absolutely exhausted. G'night!

2 comments:

Churlita said...

Nice gams! But that wound does look bad. I'm sorry both you and the pup are gimpy right now. I hope you both heal quickly.

My wedding date boy who lives 5 hours away, so I won't be in a relationship with, but I told him I'd be happy to "hang-out" with him whenever he makes it into town - whew! - anyway, he's doing a triathalon on the weekend of July 19th. He's done them before, but he said he's having trouble with fitting the running part in.

I hope you kick butt in yours.

Poptart said...

Thanks T! I didn't comment back to you so I dunno if you'll read this, but are you gonna go watch his triathlon? COuld be kind of fun. The running part is hard to fit in - swimming and biking take up more time in the event so I think most people train more for those too.