Friday, June 27, 2008

Word of the day

Plus, I need a haircut, see? It's getting shaggy.


I think I'm a little depressed. The dictionary.com word of the day (from the other day, just opened today) nearly made me cry. Maybe since I am feeling that special monthly sensitivity, or maybe because it is truly describing me - here's the definition:

forlorn \fur-LORN; for-\, adjective:

1. Sad and lonely because deserted, abandoned, or lost.
2. Bereft; forsaken.
3. Wretched or pitiful in appearance or condition.
4. Almost hopeless; desperate.

This weekend is a trip to Wisconsin for my aunt and uncle's surprise 70th birthday party. I'm VERY excited to see the whole family, the cousins and all their kids. I love my family, and I am riding along with my aunt Kathy, who is also super great, so that will be fun.

Maybe what's weighing on me about being such a failure in the love department is that I know I'll be asked about it this weekend. And when I answer, I can't smile and pretend that being single is so much fun, or that I don't wish I have a husband and a child of my own...and I certainly can't pretend that my "career" is going so well. Fact is, I do want to meet someone and settle down - I just don't how the heck I'll meet him.

2 comments:

Churlita said...

I know. I get that shit all the time. When people ask me how my love life is, I just say, imaginary. Because I do have a boy or two that I mess around with, but I feel WAY too old to still be having those kinds of pseudo relationships. Ugh.

Poptart said...

I love that answer - I am totally gonna steal it!!

I made it through without anyone bothering me about the love life, actually, only my mom mentioned it to my aunt's sister at one point, which I'll forgive her for.