Wednesday, April 25, 2007

April showers


Dylan, who's three, drew some barbells for me again today - it is the funniest thing ever - he did it a couple weeks ago, too. Here's the conversation:
Dylan: Reached over and quickly drew the top drawing in front of me, then looked at me, deadpan. "Giant barbell."
Me: "Oh, I see."
Dylan: "Lift it."
Me: Grunted and pantomime-lifted it over my head.
Dylan: Drew smaller barbell. "Tiny barbell."
Me: "Lift it!"
Dylan: Bursts into giggle fit.


Today's project was more feet paintings with my own classes, and this one, by Chloe, stood out. It's the last week of the 16-week session, and I'll really miss these groups. I did receive a few perfect little 2- and 3-year-old leg hugs though - it was awesome.

Last night was fun! New guy looked exactly like his pictures online (he's very good looking) and was super nice and interesting to talk to. He's recently divorced, and that fact figures prominently in his life. He was very open about everything, which was really great - and a definite change for the better. But, that all said, the date didn't have the instant connect, love-(or-something)-at-first-sight, can't-keep-your-hands-off-each-other dreaminess that happened with dating guy. I think that was pretty unique. Sigh.

I think I won't get to see him again till next week due to an overbooked weekend, but it seems like that will be happening.

I drank one too many beers (surprise, right?) and rode home through the rainstorm at about midnight. By the time I got home and peeled off the first layer of cold, soaked-through clothing and sent a thank-you email, I was wiped out and fell asleep with lights, radio, bra, socks, earrings, and various other items on. Poor Lois.

FOOD: Blueberry scone (it's usually my favorite) from Starbucks that made me feel sick and grossly full. Still relatively no appetite. Thanks, dating guy!
EXERCISE: None. Maybe something tonight?

No comments: