Thursday, April 12, 2007

TGITH


So, this is what it's come to, huh? - in just four short posts, I am now officially blogging about kids' art projects. But aren't they cute? We made masks today.

Now, I am heading home from work. I have done almost nothing today except teach and take my cardio pilates class. In fact, I am still in the clothes of that class, but have to change to go home, or else I will freeze. There are SOME good things about working for nearly no money at an arts education nonprofit. Today, I can think of three: 1) free cardio pilates class taught by boss in middle of workday with four other coworkers wherein we use jumpropes 2) no dress code at all. I am wearing old capri sweats, long sleeve t-shirt with jogging bra, and no socks or makeup of any kind 3) teaching kids art to start the day off and spending about an hour cleaning the art room and buying containers to better sort the crayons - I love that stuff.

In dating news, I don't know if you read about it, but yesterday the Postmaster General came to Chicago to declare that we officially have the worst mail service in the entire country. In this article from the Chicago Tribune, notice the aldermanic ward mentioned at the end? Yeah, that's where I live. SO OF COURSE, dating guy did not receive his little dorkfest invitation until tonight, so I had to tell him about it. It's doubly embarrassing. He was nice about it, though, and I don't think he is too scared off... yet. As I am saying again, and again, and again with this guy: we'll see!

I am SO happy it is 6pm on Thursday. Even though I will be at work for a workshop on Saturday and for a training thing at my boss's house Sunday, and there are four art classes and a deadline for my intern between now and freedom tomorrow, I am still super happy that the weekend is almost here. More tomorrow!

No comments: