Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Long, long day (but good!)


Above is one of the things I pre-spent my tax refund on. I got the top bear print (Edith Frost and the Zincs, poster by the amazing Diana Sudyka of Bird Machine) framed today at The Great Frame Up, which was kind of fun and not really that cheap.

This will be short because I'm falling asleep as I type, but today was a good, but lengthy, day. See, I took the day off, but I got up at 7, walked Lois, went to work to open the building and talk to Angelo, the maintenance director, and then went swimming. I've also been spending a lot more money than I should, but I've gotten some things taken care of that I was hoping to, and others, like laundry and cleaning my bedroom, just didn't happen, and it's all just as well, because my evening has ended very nicely (yes, dating guy called! and no, he hasn't gotten his special mailed envelope yet...)

I get nervous in general on Tuesday nights because for the past academic year I've been teaching kids art classes on both Wednesday and Thursday mornings, and that means a) extremely limited morning time for getting ready and playing with Lois, and b) that I'll have to crunch my "real" work into the afternoon and always do a lot of catch up. Also it's 2- and 3-year-olds, so it's a lot of energy and concentration and a whole different kind of work and interaction from the rest of life.

I'm exhausted by Fridays. Plus, THIS week (just like last week), I am subbing 4 classes on Friday morning for my friend Carolyn, so it's all just amplified.

So: what am I doing up at 1am? Well, that's easy: TAXES! It took like 4 hours altogether mainly because of rounding up the paperwork and dealing with the online stuff. But I just finished, and I am getting a rather large federal refund (that I've spent I am sure) and a $75 state refund. Sweet!

No comments: