Sunday, April 22, 2007

Holy Sunday Crap

Sheila and I had a great day today. We started at the zoo for a show by The Blisters, then went to breakfast at Harmony Grill (which might be my favorite new brunch spot - I ate a whole meal! Plus, please note my giant, delicious Bloody Mary, at front),
and then went to pick up her stereo at the repair guy, who was hilarious! He told stories of the four times he was nearly killed (three of which were in his shop), showed us pictures of his custom-painted ("the color you dream of" = cream?) 1966 Mercedes and his two prized plant pots. Then we left there (laughing), drove behind a train,
and went to an open studio/art show at Jim Newberry and Derek Erdman's place, which was fabulous! I want to hang out there all the time, and for everyone there to be my best friends. Here is a picture of Derek (L), who made incredible hummus and put out crudite and mango slices and Julia (R), his roommate, who entertained us with fascinating stories of fraud and the public interest, with Jim (R) and a friend of his, chatting in the background.



SO: I drank again last night at the Mad Professor show I attended (alone) down the street at Martyr's. I had a great time, and danced my butt off. It was a virtual sausage-fest, though, and interestingly (and annoyingly, I must say), I was not approached by any of the men in attendance, except for when I rode up on my bike ("Hi. Nice wheels.") and when I left for the night ("Have a safe trip home, Sweetheart."). No one can tell me that it is easy for women to meet guys in bars. I NEVER DO! Even when I wear makeup.

In the middle of my five-beer evening (around number three), I started to text-message people, and this is where I got into trouble. I texted my brother, because he too likes Mad Professor. Then I remembered that dating guy likes him too, and I sent him this:
"at Mad Professor show wishing I didn't f things up - would be fun w/you" at hit send before I really thought that through. Now I have officially bugged him in three digital media forms: email, myspace, and text message. I *AM* done. I swear.

[Meanwhile, I've struck up a conversation online with another guy who seems good so far, and we might meet this week! That's exciting. But weird, and somewhat soon for me. We'll see.]

So, after texting Sheila and Tina too, I danced till 2:00am, came home, let the dog out, hung out, wrote back to new guy, and went to sleep around 3:15am.

At 7:30am today, my cell phone rang. It was all the way across the room, and on Sunday mornings, my mother tends to call to tell me about some interesting piece on the "CBS Sunday Morning" program, and with a hangover like this, I just couldn't rush to get to it. I mean, it's not like I was gonna turn the TV on.

But Lois woke up, so I took her out, and when I came back, I clicked on the phone's "1 missed call" view button, and it was...dating guy.

He didn't leave a message.

xos

1 comment:

Churlita said...

You shouldn't say you f#@*'ed up, because he was the one who screwed it up. Also, I want to hear more about the new guy. Is there any spark?