Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Settling


Here is Lois on her first day back at the dog beach, last month. I think we'll be able to go this weekend, too - the weather is supposed to be lovely!

So my stomach is settling down, and I am mellow and not as anxious/upset today. I didn't swim this morning as I usually do, but I am hopeful that I will feel like doing it tonight. I have even eaten today! Skittles and a Twix only, though, and some water and some green tea.

I am on the mend. I emailed the dating guy today and feel good about what I said to him. He got huffy that I "read his gmail," but I told him I hadn't really, which is true. I probably should have! Yesterday, I de-friended him on myspace, and today, he de-contacted me on googletalk. It's all a bit junior high, but it's about self-protection for me. I miss him already, but maybe it'll be OK soon. Maybe we can be friends again? Not sure.

A good friend sent me the funniest three emails ever, which I must repost:

1) "...HE WAS CHECKING HIS EMAIL FROM OTHER CHICKS AT YOUR HOUSE! AND DIDN'T LOG OFF!!!!! HE DOESN'T GET TO TAKE THE "HIGH GROUND" ON THIS ONE. WHAT A FUCKING MORON. I would say that. I would say...'well, I would never check my emails from other guys AT YOUR FUCKING HOUSE.'
I'm sorry Sarah, he's so LESS than mediocre. If you didn't read the email of a guy who checked his email at your HOUSE, you'd be a dumbass. It's one thing if you're in HIS office or in HIS house, but you weren't.
But you've kissed another frog and you can move on."


2) "And next time a guy wants to check his email at your house you will be like:
a) 'OK, but if you're checkin' your emails for other chicks...you better remember to log out.'
or just plain:
b) 'So. is this a date, or what??'
It's just rude, Sarah. Ya don't make calls to work or your friends when you're on a date, so why on EARTH would you check your email?"


3) "Ok, my handsome tech guy just said that checking emails at a girl's house is SOOOOO bad...or checkin' your blackberry. And 'She shoulda bounced him right outta there BEFORE she knew he was checking for chick's email.'
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha..."


Don't you love her email style?! I do agree that I'm an idiot for letting him use my laptop. (Just like I was an idiot to think there was something between us!)

I need to learn to do better manhunting, and quick, because I'm ready for something good. I haven't gotten any interesting hits from the ridiculously expensive dating sites yet today, and I don't know why - I might have to hire a professional photographer. Or someone to write my profiles? I just don't want to have to settle for someone who isn't really, really into me and really, really, really GREAT and thoughtful, honest - and hot!

1 comment:

Poptart said...

I just emailed him AGAIN today to see if we can be friends and see where he's at. I couldn't stop myself.

Thanks for saying I can do better! Sometimes I doubt I can even do it at all...