Friday, April 27, 2007

Happy b-day Stefan!


This is my little brother Stefan, who just turned 34 Thursday. Isn't he cute?

Yesterday, I taught my final Thursday Lincoln Park classes, organized the art room, and then spent $40 at the Paper Source (on basically pens and paper, which I need like holes in my head) before losing my keys and nearly having a breakdown trying to leave work (they were on my carseat, locked in the car). Then I walked through the dense fog with Lois to Sheila's, but missed seeing Sharon, her sister, on My Name is Earl. She was only at the very beginning. Damn!!



The appetite is coming back—maybe I am not dying! I swam today, and after two teaching days (which means non-swimming days, because the f-ing pool is closed @ nighttime for two weeks, making me miss my crucial Wednesday and Thursday night laps and throwing my shower schedule off), I was SO jonesing for it. The water felt great, not too cold like Tuesday, and there was only one super-slow-spaz-stroke-old-geezer swimming in my lane today. It was easy to just keep passing him. I wish that on this blog I could describe the spaz stroke, which a few of the geriatric "swimmers" do at the pool. It's an open-legged and open-armed backstroke but the arms go at the same time. It's the most ridiculous, inefficient style of swimming I have ever seen, plus it takes up nearly the whole lane and creates splashing, wakes, and weirdness. Just so wrong.

Otherwise, things are good right now. Ditched work sorta early today to get to Honky Tonk Happy Hour to meet Rob, which was great - he told me a great story about being auctioned off as a bachelor date for a radio fundraiser in Michigan, and some 50-something boozy rich lady won him for a hike in the woods and a gourmet picnic...Perfect! Then a very chatty coworker came in and took over the conversation, and I had to go anyway. But it was good to see him, the Hoyles sounded great, and Tina even showed up!

Date #2 with new guy is a short meet Sunday. He seems like a very nice guy. He even invited Lois. (How great is that?) I do see him on the dating site a lot, though, like every time I log in, both he and dating guy show up in my little featured online people quadrangle. I don't care, at this point, but it's just - got anything better to do?

I couldn't think of what to get for my brother, and we had a fun family dinner tonight for him at El Llano, a fantastic Colombian restaurant, so in honor of National Stress (Awareness) Month, I got him a gift certificate for a massage at his club. Lame? Not sure.

Happy weekend,
s

1 comment:

Churlita said...

A massage is the best possible gift I can think of.

I can't wait to hear about date #2. I wonder if he's thinking the same thing when he sees you show up on the dating site.